When you level up, it’s undeniable.
You’re never the same. There’s no going back.
Levelling up in love is something worth rejoicing.
Are you at your next level in love, Dear One?
Here are Three Ways to Level Up in Love:
- Support Each Other’s Individuality
Support your partner with her or his interests fully.
Fan the flame of their true essence.
Nolan supports my inquisitive nature.
I love to travel and to learn.
“Go on the trip! I’ll watch Wiener.”
I feel him holding space for me back home.
And I support him equally with whatever he’s into.
Poker. Stand-up comedy. Mountain biking.
I fan the flame of his sense of humour. “Hunny, tell me a joke,” I say.
“Don’t put me on the spot,” he says. 10 min later, he comes back with a joke.
We support each others’ individuality. We celebrate each other’s wins.
I encourage you to do the same with your partner.
- Work Together Towards Team Dreams
It’s one thing to have individual goals.
It’s quite another to have team dreams.
I encourage you to sit down with your partner:
- Have a conversation about what you’re creating together
- Get whatever comes through down on paper
- Reconnect about your vision regularly
When you’re two individuals working towards individual goals, it’s easy to clash and come into conflict with each other.
- Get clear about your team dreams
- Make the others’ goals as important as your own
Is when the magic REALLY starts happening.
“Love your neighbour as yourself.”
And that whole, “two become one thing” – I encourage you to take it seriously.
I know that once I began taking that seriously, is exactly when our relationship blossomed into this next level.
- When Nolan’s meal prepping, I cheer him on the same way I’d want to be encouraged.
- When Nolan’s rocking his workouts, I do whatever I can to support his level of focus.
- When my business experiences a win, he celebrates me as if it’s a win for the family.
- When I’m in my creative vortex, he does even more around the house to keep me in flow.
It’s not about me. It’s about we.
Try this on. Watch your love expand.
- Express Your F*cking Feelings
This point may not be as popular or easy to accept as the others.
I’m giving you your full permission to:
- Be angry, and to express that anger fully
- Be sad, and to share that sadness completely
You are all things. You are safe to be all things.
Notice the patterns in your relationship.
Maybe one of you gets angry often.
Perhaps the other runs away.
These are your patterns.
Notice them, and respond anew.
The next time you notice yourself getting angry, breathe deeply.
The next time you want to run away, stand your ground.
Learn to communicate what’s going on underneath the feeling.
Communicate your feelings and your desires and watch love grow.
These are three ways Nolan and I have gotten to our next level.
I’d be doing the world a disservice if I didn’t share them.
Here’s to your next level in love.
Yours in Personal Growth,
Ready to go deeper? To design the live you’ve always dreamed of?
Your life will never be the same.